The Wolfpack 7s rugby team is a recently established rugby team who are innovatively and solely a charity rugby team.
This will be the first major charity rugby team who will provide awareness, support and raise finances for a variety of charities, thus not assisting one charity but a whole host of charities. Such a rugby team has caused a stir in the rugby world with a range of players from (ex) professionals to amateur approaching the new team to be involved.
Such famous rugby players that have stated their interest are:
- Olly Barkley (Bath & England)
- Dom Waldouck (Wasps & England)
- Chris Cracknell (England 7s)
- Andy Titterell (England)
- Oriol Ripol (Sale Sharks & Spain)
The selection of such top class talent shows the Wolfpacks taste for glory, prestige and diversity. Furthermore, Olly Barkley has agreed to become the Wolfpack Ambassador, thus showing our values are shared by others who are willing to assist also.
The intentions and values of the Wolfpack 7s are simple; raise awareness, support and finances for a charity per tournament. This is achieved by:
- Contacting the organisers of the tournament and setting up slogans/banners
- Wolfpack members handing out leaflets
- The actual team itself lending a hand by not only playing for the competition winnings (which go to charity) but by taking time out of rugby and speaking to those are unaware of the charity and spreading awareness.
The Wolfpack values are, like many others except with a slight twist. Once you a part of the Wolfpack 7s, you will always stay welcome and a part of the Wolfpack. This is achieved by making everyone involved. Thus, seeing what we achieve together and therefore spreading the Wolfpack message to everyone and anyone who has seen, spoken or even played us. As a result the Wolfpack 7s, once public, will grow in an astonishing rate, thus increasing the Wolfpack awareness, support and finances for the charities it supports.